As a photographer, you need an online presence to make more clients and more sales. A website is the best way to display your work. However, before you get your website, you need have your domain name and web hosting. Unfortunately, having a right domain name and web hosting is one of the difficult parts of starting a website, especially when you are a newbie.
In this article, I will give you some tips for choosing web hosting and domain name.
A domain name is just like your address. To build a photography website, you would need a domain name. It is not easy choosing a domain name because there is every probability that the name you choose would have been taken. So I would give you some simple tips in choosing your domain.
- Use your name. Your name is the best name you can choose as your domain. It would be shorter and professional. Try it!
- Don’t use hyphens or numbers. Numbers and hyphens make a domain name cumbersome and hard to spell.
- Keep it short. Longer domain names are easily forgotten. You don’t need to add photography to your domain name unless there is someone with the same name as yours.
Where you can get a domain name
You can buy a domain name from domain registrars. I will list out some popular domain registrars:
If you have both the time and patience to host your website, you can use WordPress. If you don’t have the time to host your website, there are several hosting companies you can choose from:
- Inmotion hosting
- Media Temple
- Pow Web
Before you choose a web host, there are some factors you should consider, which are:
- Price. Before you choose a web host, you have to take note of the price. Although you might want to choose the cheapest web host to begin with; before you pay check for the services the company offers. If it is not worth the price, you should think twice.
- Additional services. Although additional services add to your bills, they are worth it. Before you choose a web host, always check for additional services.
- Quality and customer service. If the hosting company’s quality and customer services are poor, you should not choose that web host even if they are the cheapest. Because there would always be a time, you would need their customer service and quality.
— Apple News (@Apple_News1) 29 de mayo de 2017